FinlandLive.Info
 Finland Community

Forum Stories Albums Videos Links Chat Community Members


Food & Beverages in Finland Questions & Answers about Food & Beverages in Finland

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th-November-2008   #1 (permalink)
lindazhao333 is working in China, collecting money for going to Finland
Points: 816, Level: 15
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
lindazhao333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: right now in China
Posts: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to lindazhao333
Smile What is food cost in Finland?

HI all, I might would come to Finland next year, my relatives told me to search internet, for eating, and other necessary costs in Finland... Therefore I'm giving this thread here... Averagely, in middle or south part of Finland, what is the cost, firstly I would like to know about food, out there? I mean how about standard restaurant cost? Fast food cost? And vegetable, meat, milk, bread, etc.? Thanks and good day!
lindazhao333 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2008   #2 (permalink)
reea is going to France in May... still wishing it was Finland
Points: 2,079, Level: 27
Points: 2,079, Level: 27 Points: 2,079, Level: 27 Points: 2,079, Level: 27
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
reea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Posts: 254
Story Entries: 27
Send a message via MSN to reea
Default

hmm if I recall well, eating in fast foods cost around 8-9 euros...
restaurants.. well maybe around 15-20 euros (for example a chinese restaurant might cause around 16 euros).
for the milk, its about 0.90 euros,
and bread is about 1.50 euros
I hope this can help you
reea is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 20th-November-2008   #3 (permalink)
T-bag is taking deep breath and lay back
Points: 2,635, Level: 31
Points: 2,635, Level: 31 Points: 2,635, Level: 31 Points: 2,635, Level: 31
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
 
T-bag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Helsinki
Age: 24
Posts: 376
Story Entries: 1
Send a message via MSN to T-bag Send a message via Yahoo to T-bag
Default

as Reea said ,the average price is 8 to 9 Eur , but still there is the turkish pizzerias that full the country with average of 6 Eur for pizza or kebab.
T-bag is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 20th-November-2008   #4 (permalink)
lindazhao333 is working in China, collecting money for going to Finland
Points: 816, Level: 15
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
lindazhao333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: right now in China
Posts: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to lindazhao333
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reea View Post
hmm if I recall well, eating in fast foods cost around 8-9 euros...
restaurants.. well maybe around 15-20 euros (for example a chinese restaurant might cause around 16 euros).
for the milk, its about 0.90 euros,
and bread is about 1.50 euros
I hope this can help you :D
Hi reea, thanks for the help, so what about seafood? Fuit and vegetable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
as Reea said ,the average price is 8 to 9 Eur , but still there is the turkish pizzerias that full the country with average of 6 Eur for pizza or kebab:).
Hi T-bag, thanks for telling me about that, I would probably eat lots of Turkish pizzerias there, haha...
You are posting too fast!
And what if I cook foods by myself? 5 EURs per one meal is enough?

Last edited by lindazhao333; 20th-November-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lindazhao333 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 20th-November-2008   #5 (permalink)
reea is going to France in May... still wishing it was Finland
Points: 2,079, Level: 27
Points: 2,079, Level: 27 Points: 2,079, Level: 27 Points: 2,079, Level: 27
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
reea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Posts: 254
Story Entries: 27
Send a message via MSN to reea
Default

I am not too sure how much cost seafood. I don't remember.. hmmm maybe between 2 and 6 euros? I have not clue! :S I don't remember for fruits and vegetables. I guess it depends how much you take.

well in Oulu University's guide, they say that you should have about 500 euros per month in order to pay for the rent and the food (that you buy at a store).
maybe this information could give you an idea? rent in the residences is between 117euros and 250 euros... so let's say you need 250 euros for a month to eat.
reea is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 20th-November-2008   #6 (permalink)
Gammer has no status.
Points: 1,146, Level: 18
Points: 1,146, Level: 18 Points: 1,146, Level: 18 Points: 1,146, Level: 18
Activity: 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
 
Gammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nakkala, Finland
Age: 19
Posts: 262
Send a message via MSN to Gammer
Default

Like reea and t-bag are saying it is rather cheap to eat out here, which is good. Well to where i came from it is rather cheaper here then back in UK
Gammer is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 21st-November-2008   #7 (permalink)
lindazhao333 is working in China, collecting money for going to Finland
Points: 816, Level: 15
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
lindazhao333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: right now in China
Posts: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to lindazhao333
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reea View Post
I am not too sure how much cost seafood. I don't remember.. hmmm maybe between 2 and 6 euros? I have not clue! :S I don't remember for fruits and vegetables. I guess it depends how much you take.

well in Oulu University's guide, they say that you should have about 500 euros per month in order to pay for the rent and the food (that you buy at a store).
maybe this information could give you an idea? rent in the residences is between 117euros and 250 euros... so let's say you need 250 euros for a month to eat.
250 euros to eat? You mean every day dining outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammer View Post
Like reea and t-bag are saying it is rather cheap to eat out here, which is good. Well to where i came from it is rather cheaper here then back in UK
UK? Ohh it's famous that London and Tokyo are the two highest living expense cities, haha...
lindazhao333 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 21st-November-2008   #8 (permalink)
reea is going to France in May... still wishing it was Finland
Points: 2,079, Level: 27
Points: 2,079, Level: 27 Points: 2,079, Level: 27 Points: 2,079, Level: 27
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
reea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Posts: 254
Story Entries: 27
Send a message via MSN to reea
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindazhao333 View Post
250 euros to eat? You mean every day dining outside?



UK? Ohh it's famous that London and Tokyo are the two highest living expense cities, haha...
well 250 euros to live through a month and eat.
I guess it's up to you to eat out or just buy food. Personnally, I'd just buy food and cook it myself, it is often cheaper over all to do so.
reea is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 21st-November-2008   #9 (permalink)
Peni is happy to be here.
Points: 1,609, Level: 23
Points: 1,609, Level: 23 Points: 1,609, Level: 23 Points: 1,609, Level: 23
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Peni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 148
Story Entries: 1
Default

Fruit and veges are very expensive. I don't know what the cost of living is in China, but it's not cheap in Finland.

I think that 250 Euros a month to eat would be pushing it if you want to eat well. The markets do have special sometimes, and that helps, but most food is expensive. Potatoes are cheap.
Peni is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 25th-November-2008   #10 (permalink)
lindazhao333 is working in China, collecting money for going to Finland
Points: 816, Level: 15
Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15 Points: 816, Level: 15
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
lindazhao333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: right now in China
Posts: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to lindazhao333
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reea View Post
well 250 euros to live through a month and eat.
I guess it's up to you to eat out or just buy food. Personnally, I'd just buy food and cook it myself, it is often cheaper over all to do so.
250 EUR to live through a month and eat, not count flat rent, right? I also am thinking to buy food and cook by myself, hehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni View Post
Fruit and veges are very expensive. I don't know what the cost of living is in China, but it's not cheap in Finland.

I think that 250 Euros a month to eat would be pushing it if you want to eat well. The markets do have special sometimes, and that helps, but most food is expensive. Potatoes are cheap.
Fuit and veges are expensive? This doesn't sound good, here it's easy to buy fruit and veg, China is a big agriculture country you know... I have to eat one apple a day, how would it cost?
lindazhao333 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiWong this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cost, finland, food


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


RSS Feed
© 2009 by www.FinlandLive.Info
vBulletin - Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.2.0 ©2008, Crawlability, Inc.- Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1